- Universiti Tenaga Nasional IRC is one of the leading Private University Libraries in Malaysia, with a reputation for providing information resources and excellence in customer service. The resources and services of the library play a key role in enabling and supporting the high standard of learning, teaching, education and research at Universiti Tenaga Nasional.
- Our primary aim is to support students and staff of Universiti Tenaga Nasional in all areas of their study and work. But we are also fully committed to widening participation, and hence, accessing to many of our services is provided for individual researchers, schools, corporate organizations and the Malaysian community. Universiti Tenaga Nasional Library develops and maintains extensive printed and e-resources to support the research, teaching and learning activities of the University.
- The core collections encompass subjects in engineering, energy, information technology, business management and accounting.
- The IRC consists of 6 levels occupying a total floor area of approximately 18,645.2 square meters. It is among the biggest library in Southeast Asia and began its operation in 1997.
- It has a seating capacity for 1,074 users and spacious reading areas furnished with updated facilities and technology. Functioning in a setting of unique design, it serves as a blend of a conventional and modern library providing an aesthetically pleasing and conducive environment for study and research.
- The total number of the IRC collection is 146,180 volumes.
- It contains books, periodicals, serials, conference papers, reports, standards and non-book materials.
- This IRC focuses its collection on subjects such as engineering, computer science, and information technology. The KSHAS IRC focuses on materials in business management and accounting.
- The IRC has 26 staff, consisting of 9 executives and 17 non-executives.
- The Main IRC Management comprises 5 units: Resource Development & Cataloguing Unit, Digital Collection Unit, E-Resources Unit, Information and Customer Services Unit and Administration Unit.
Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Campus
- The Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Campus Library was officially launched by Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamed on 4th May 2001.
- It is located in the Southeastern part of the State of Pahang.
- Its major collection focuses on materials in business and accounting to support research and teaching for the College of Business Management and Accounting at degree levels.